Subscribe

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Previous Posts

Friday, March 23, 2007

No Laptop, Will Travel

For the first time in a long time I traveled out of town without a laptop. I figured it would be rough, but it wasn't. Here's why.

Instead of taking a bag with me I took just a book and my treo. The book was Founders at Work. I had it with me when I went to meet a startup company and it has clearly become a bible for entrepreneurs.

Traveling without a bag is nothing short of amazing. I was able to skip ahead in line. Going from meeting to meeting there's nothing to forget. And my Treo worked great.

Composing blog entries like this one was straightforward. I was able to stay on top of email, and best of all, I processed it a lot faster. Just like having limited capital and resources is the best forcing function for a startup, having a limited screen size and keyboard was a great constraint on me.

No laptop, will travel. Try it. You'll be happy you did.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was wondering why you looked so light! I keep trying to go reduce the load but keep finding that I need to edit some doc, read a PDF or actually do some real surfing. It is also why I have so many unread books...

I hope to get my flyclear card next week. Hopefully that will speed up the security lines at SJ.

March 23, 2007 7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home